To which I must say, woohoo! The food is pretty darn good, as far as mass produced food goes. Let's start with dessert! Brownies, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, fresh ice cream from Cornell's own dairies (and associated topping bar... mm, toppings), frozen yoghurt, waffles (that you make yourself!), cakes, pies, and, um, fruit. The brownies are soooo amazing, even if they're 50% chocolate, 50% sugar, and 100% unhealthy. I love dessert =D.
(Suddenly, I'm wondering how the hell do I do a food post? Umm...)
As for general meals, there's always a lot of international variety, depending on the hall. Asian is a given, with the 'Mongo' bar (custom Mongolian stir fry noodles, with stuff you choose and give the chef), various kinds of noodles (I've had some weird tasting Cambodian guai dea or something so far), lo mein (which tastes vaguely like one kind of Malaysian Chinese noodle or another, the thick kind with soy sauce without soup, very plain), beef ribs (not really Asian, but still good), egg fried rice with oyster sauce (a staple of mine, it's like generic Malaysian fried rice, except with a heck of a lot of egg), fried chicken (with sesame oil, but still darn good), and so on. I'm sure I've forgotten something or another.
Oh, and speaking of Asian food, I saw a sushi bar at one of the dining halls once, where you took your own rice and seaweed and stuff and rolled sushi yourself. I didn't try, because I don't know how to make sushi. I did hit the LGBQT info meeting in orientation week for free sushi, though. That... was kinda awkward, since I went in with a huge group of friends. Anyway. =)
And, obviously, you get more generic fare. It's all good. Burger grills, sandwich stations, salad bar, and pizza/pasta are always there. The sandwich station, I must add, very handy! I've taken at least 4 sandwiches (I think 6 is accurate, though) out so far. They make for a good quick breakfast. Still, I'm kinda sick of sandwiches now, though the pastrami/salami combo I made was excellent. The last one I had was roast beef, wasn't very good; though to be honest keeping it for 3 days in a fridge didn't help, and I couldn't really taste it anyway since I was sick.
Even the drinks are cool. The juices are all Minute Maid (if you don't know what Minute Maid is, go kill yourself. Now.), the milk is fresh (comes in skim, 2%, whole,
chocolate (mmm chocolate...)), there's some coffee and tea which I almost never drink (the french vanilla cappucino was pretty good; but the hot chocolate is weak. Milo >> hot chocolate), and there's soft drinks as usual. I avoid the soft drinks because I think I get enough sugar from dessert, and the juices (I love orange guava passionfruit mix, orange strawberry banana mix, and the miscellaneous concoctions of my own devising).
Waaay too much sugar, in fact. I exercise minimally, except for the insane walking to class (15 minutes from north where the dorms are to central, and it's an uphill battle - both ways. That's freakin' Ithaca for you.).
I suppose working at keeping those effing beverage stations stocked Monday and Wednesday nights helps, at least =). Not that I've stopped actively searching for a new job.
And now, back to studying for my organic chem prelim, which is in two hours time and 3 different halls concurrently because there are way too many people in the class.
Yes, the only reason I blog is because I have something better (more important, anyway) to do. And I don't want to do it XP.