Or not. Or, where the heck do I go from here? I've been at Cornell for more than a month already, and sometimes it feels like an eternity.
There's really so much to talk about, but the thing that bothers me now is how tough some of my classes are. I'm taking Intro to Organic Chem, a writing seminar ("Hopeless Romantics?"), Intermediate Microecon, Honors Calculus 2, and Media, Culture and Society (in Anthropology). The first three are okay, great even. Organic chem is pretty easy with my A-Levels background, and I've always like chem anyway. My writing seminar is probably the best ever, with a really cool lecturer and not very much work (so far, but it's already been a month.) Microecon is a little boring, and I had to switch lecturers before I started to enjoy, but it's good now.
Honors Calc... is so impossibly difficult. My math isn't as good as I thought. Way over my head, now. And Anthr 232 (the media class) is interesting, but the reading is horribly dry and boring and overwhelming.
I'd drop something, but I don't know what.
The bigger issue, though, is what do I want to do? Econ major is the track I seem to be on now, or at least the path of least resistance. Chem major is a possibility. Or, I could do a engineering degree and receive a BSc instead of a BA. Within engineering I'm thinking either chem engineering or operations research (something to do with finance.. I just don't see myself as a technical guy. I want a liberal arts degree dammit. That's why I'm in US and not UK =).
The best of both worlds is a dual degree, but that's insanely hard to do in 4 years (normally takes 5 or more). And it would be redundant to have two degrees.
2 degrees... it's about 10 degrees outside, 7 with wind chill. It's mad cold.
Non sequitur aside, happier post next time =). Maybe after prelims this week and next week. Maybe after the @#$# anthro paper I have to write. Maybe after this avalanche of work