
Blogging from the Big Apple baby!! Arrived safe and sound, and without too much jetlag. My sense of time, however, is now completely messed up. For instance, should my blog be Malaysian time? Or New York time? I'm confused now.
The flight was looong and tiring, but thankfully uneventful (i.e. no psychos with "I love Lebanon" shirts and the Be-A-Martyr! Easy Kit). There were three parts, one to Singapore, one to Frankfurt, and the last to New York. On the Frankfurt leg, I was on a back row, and in the middle seat. The guy on the left, a window seat, was rather annoying. A Hong Kong guy, who was rather demanding. Not rude, but demanding. And a big eater. And (by his own admission) a big peeer (yes, 3 e's). I was horrified when I woke from a nap, only to find my laptop bag a bit damp -.-
Night on the flight seemed extra long, and the darkness and the cramped conditions made me feel really lonely. Kinda depressing, almost. Forever Young kept playing in my head. "I wanna be... forever young"
On the other hand, I'm here! Things are starting to look up. The city is huge, the skyline is impressive (as you can see), and the weather warm and dry. I'll be taking a bus to Ithaca, so more later!