unlimited

Sunday, June 04, 2006

clothes shoppin

I've been doing a little more clothes shopping than usual of late, or at least, clothes browsing. I've come up with several conclusions. First, shopping with my bro was more fun than with my mom. Of course, going with the dead would be more pleasant, even though they're "grave" all the time (geddit? geddit? hahahaha!... crap. Someone shoot me). I think it's the age difference thing, anyway.

Secondly, clothes shopping is not for me. Almost everything looks the same! There's "old man" clothes and "maybe if everyone was blind" clothes and of course, the passable stuff. It's difficult partly because I don't exactly have a style or a fashion sense or anything. Nothing in 'passable stuff' really stands out, and I'm not the sort who goes around trying things on. My approach tends to be like surgery: get in, get out, stat!

Third, even passable isn't cheap, and sometimes downright expensive. I mean, it's not within the kind of budget my mom would give me. Which might explain why I dress like a slob and wear oversized clothes (so I don't need to get new stuff in the unlikely circumstance I put on weight) =).

Still, I think I'm getting bored of my wardrobe at last, and what with going overseas to study, I think I had better get what I need here. This is of course based on the assumption that clothes are cheaper here - correct me if I'm wrong. And of course, I'm tend to be impatient once I come to a decision.

And finally, the hour of futile search for the item I had in mind for the prom came to naught, but I did find an reasonable substitute. Of course, I'm only getting it the day before the prom, because there just happens to be an extra 20% discount on that day... bah.

Mm. Also, I watched "Magnolia" yesterday, which intensified my bleak mood. I blame you, Ying! Hehe. It is food for thought, no doubt, but three hours of depressing fare?? These things should have a warning:



Blah. I think settling the problem of what to wear to the prom helped, though ;-).

On another note, should I be worried when people I don't know link me? Just a thought.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?