unlimited

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

rants: bla bla bla

I've been thinking a lot lately... been meaning to post many times, too, as can be observed by the many little notes to myself I've made. Herewith, since my Chemistry paper is on Friday, together with Mechanics in some kind of unholy union, is probably a fortnight's worth of thoughts:

  • Quote of the day: "In the cinema [issues like the divinity of Jesus or
    the search for the Holy Grail] are best left to Monty Python." Haha!
    Pwnz0red.

  • My pda, back from it's long repair, is simply amazing. Wonderful, useful piece of equipment. But does it make me happy?

  • I've thought about happiness. About, being happy even if I was a peasant on the ash covered slopes of Luzon, because happiness is something we find inside of us.

  • My journey is one of growth, not of wealth. Happiness is important, but so is living up to the best within me. And when things get difficult, when the way gets dark, I think about a brilliant content future, and I have to strength to go on again, patiently changing on what I can and bearing what I cannot.

  • Pondered about how conversation speeds up the mind, words go faster than can be absorbed. We learn as we speak, though sometimes talk just fails to penetrate at all.

  • From a short but beautiful poem by Henry Van Dyke:
"And who will walk a mile with me
Along life's weary way?
A friend whose heart has eyes to see
The stars shine out o'er the darkening lea,
And the quiet rest at the end o' the day,—
A friend who knows, and dares to say,
The brave, sweet words that cheer the way

Where he walks a mile with me."
  • Peeve circa last year: the way love tends to disrupt friendships. Seeing a friend fall in love is a little like losing a friend. (I think I mentioned this before in some post) Perhaps this has something to do with the nature of the friendship to begin with, but who knows?
"And if he falls in love tonight,
It can be assumed,
His carefree days with us are history,
In short, our pal is doomed" (the ending to Can You Feel The Love Tonight, from Lion King =)
But enough dissipated ranting. Maybe I just need to sleep. It's already terribly late into the night. Perhaps I shall find peace in slumber.

And with luck I won't bore anyone to death with this, heh.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?