Self-diagnosis: I have a Speech Impediment! I can't pronounce S properly I noticed first, I think, when I was trying to use recordings to practise public speaking. Noticed the muffled S-sound. Since then, I've realised time and time again. I think I know the correct way of pronouncing it, but breaking old habits is difficult.
I hate not being able to drive. It's usually not an issue, my friends are big enough to keep taking me around, but still. It's a matter of independence. When you've got a car, distances are suddenly much shorter, and a whole range of possibilities open right up. Unfortunately, I am among the worst procrastinators in the world, so I've not got around to it yet. And now I feel it, with parents off in Netherlands and their cars sitting idle...
There's a line I like from some Discworld novel: "You're so sharp you'll cut yourself." I like the wordplay, but today I was thinking how it might actually mean something. Sharp means having acute reasoning. If we reason too much, if we draw conclusions from evidence too thin, there is the risk of taking the wrong actions. And thus: "...you'll cut yourself."
On the other hand, as the titular character in V for Vendetta says, "There are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidence." Yes, I know it's just fiction. But sometimes, maybe things aren't just coincidence.
And this thinking, it drives one mad.