unlimited

Sunday, April 30, 2006

quiet night, quiet dinner

...the odor of gasoline burning to power the tubes that cast harsh flickering shadows
mingled with the smell of food, of spice, of fruits, of cheap perfume and fresh plastic
the rains did not dampen the spirits of the
penjaja, the hawkers that come by twilight
and still the people came, by foot and by car and by bike, to the noise and the activity of the
market of the night

I passed by the ttDi market today, as I went for dinner. They moved to a slightly different location, after years of being wedge in a corner of the neighbourhood. Now they surround the old Jaya Jusco building, which used to be the place to go when I was little, long in the days before the massive 1 Utama sprung up.

Bragging: As usual, my acute powers of observation predicted the event before the fact. Peculiar markings on the road clued me off to it, as I passed by there a few days ago. (Okay, so they'd moved the weekend before, but I don't go that often, so it's not like I had first time knowledge)

Anyway, my family was out-of-state the entire weekend, and the solitude was, by and large, pleasant. I am a solitary creature, indeed. I love quiet moments, with the earth below and the stars above, the buzz of my thoughts and the silence of the land.

  Comments:
actuallyyy ... the pasar malam used to surround jaya jusco back when i much younger, then they moved to the roads behind ibm. so now they moved back there again? kewl. nearer my house.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?