The holidays have gotten off to a decent start. Not what I'd hoped for exactly, but two days of frisbee isn't bad =). Three if you count the weekend.
Yesterday friends from Taylor's showed up en masse at the ttDi field, where we play Monday nights. There were 9 of us and one Astaka (now UM) dude and one CHS guy and the park keeper. As I arrived, everyone was leaving. The weather, they said. The sky was the slate grey of a concrete pavement, if concrete had white hot cracks running through it. We had dinner at a nearby Indian place, and the conversation was lively.
After we were done, the predicted rains still hadn't come, so we decided to toss a bit. We didn't get more than a drizzle, and we were all sweaty anyway. Question: what's brown and sticky? Me after frisbee I don't think I'll ever hear the end of this, no thanks to Darell =).
I wasn't planning to go to today's game, but since the venue changed to ttDi, and I wasn't doing anything anyway, I pulled out my bike and made my way there. Turned out to be quite fun, too. No Taylor's people this time, but the more experienced Astaka/UM people. The small number of people (11) and small field made the games light and easy.
The best part of today's game, though, was the whole mood it immersed me in. The weather was fine, only very little drizzle that turned to a mild shine. The world around me was calm, and I was at peace. It was, I think, a feeling of belonging.
Such a rare and beautiful thing, that.
And now, back our regularly scheduled holiday monotony.