taken this morning from the bus stop "Let no one who loves be unhappy... even love unreturned has its rainbow." - JM BarrieOf late my blog has been scattered with oblique (or not) references to love. Unrequited, at that; but I'm glad it's not for want of courage.
One great thing about being young is that we're free to make mistakes, and to learn from them. My mistake now is not moving on quickly enough, and allowing it to subtly mess up my days. It's holding on too tight, not just to love unrequited but to things that bother me, like university rejections. I know what it means to be mature, how I should be... but the heart ignores my mind's counsel.
Still, time is the great transmuter. Sitting in the garden just now, in the quiet of the night, I found a sort of peace within. Peace that demands a price, of course. The highs and lows of being in love were a tribute to being alive emotionally, so it hurts to do the mature thing. However, in the long run it's better to move on quickly, and get on with life. It's the right thing, the ought to do thing. It hurts, but I shall not suffer needlessly. I will not prod my wound, I will not pick at the scabs.
But I will say, I am glad for the experience, because it's been a while since I felt my soul soar so high. I have found peace, for now. And I'm going to put it in the shoebox of my life, a keepsake of a memory. And live wisely =).
"Someday we'll know if love could move a mountain
Someday we'll know why the sky is blue
Someday we'll know why I wasn't meant for you"
- New Radicals, Someday We'll Know