It's going to be a long week, but at the moment I'm in a sort of haze, a daze. It's very likely because I finished Gaiman's American Gods today, having started reading it yesterday evening in a fit of boredom and weakness. Good book, heady stuff. Old gods, new gods, betrayal, loyalty sacrifice, love, and stuff.
His other book that I read recently, Stardust, was also enjoyable, but in a fairy tale way. American Gods reads like a great story.
Anyway... so this week my trials start, with a Chemistry practical exam. Tomorrow the SPM '05 people collect their results. STPM sometime in the week too, I read from the papers. And on Sunday, March 19th, 1am Malaysian time, I find out whether MIT wants me or not.
It's probably "not", but hope is a fine draught, isn't it? Subtle, intoxicating, and addicting. It's a sad, cynical person that allows pessimism to take over entirely. Let hope sing its song, its tune without words. I just don't want the crash of failed hope. Worst than what could actually happen, after all, is the horrible crushing feeling. Life will go on. But the moment of pure despair, will cut like a dagger.
It will be good to reach next Sunday evening. I think.