I haven't posted in a (short) while, mainly because I'm running haggard from being a little under the weather. Spending too much time under the weather today didn't help either. Crazy late Saturday morning frisbee.
Oddly enough, I've also been feeling a bit... empty, lately. I don't know whether it has anything to do with not feeling well, but it seems my emotional core is absent. For example: I love sunrises/sunsets, and watching them on the way to college every morning gave me the warm fuzzies last year. Just last week I saw a beautiful sunrise and it didn't even register on me. There was a noticeable lack of emotion. It's funny.
... In other news. I went to the Times warehouse sale today and picked up a few new books (lots of Gaiman: Neverwhere, American Gods, Stardust; Tuesday with Morrie; and maybe a couple other books I can't remember off hand). The amount of books was staggering; the amount of books I was interested in, barely. There were no discounted comics! Tch.
[Also, there was this Animorph book (I'm sure you know the series, at least by cover), which featured a girl who morphing into a starfish. Weird. I mean, a cat or a dog might be everyday, but at least it's got more potential than starfish. They aren't exactly the most mobile of creatures, for one. Abilities are probably limited to eating from your middle, sticking to stuff, and regenerating limbs you wouldn't have lost if you could move faster than a sedentary limpet.]
I wonder how I'll ever finish those books, though. Just recently I picked up a few classics as well: Middlemarch, Tale of Two Cities, Picture of Dorian Grey, and Bleak House. My energy seems entirely spent on college these days... And there's still Inkyhands, though that's a welcome distraction more often than not.
All things considered, though, I'll have more time than I've had recently from hereon, for I today rid myself of a terrible failure of mine - the continuing presence of Warcraft 3 on my com. I meant to delete it at least a fortnight ago, on account of me obsessing over the game. Computer games definitely suck your soul and take up space behind your eyes, rent unpaid. They're like nasty neighbours, interrupting you in your business of life, and taking over your brain. I tend to 'see' plays in my mind's eye before bed, before waking, every uncared for moment. Now it's gone, and I regain what control I can. Better now than right before my trials, at least.
Oh, wait. It is right before my trials =b. 4 weeks to go. And the math test didn't go too well...
But at least I have time =).