unlimited

Friday, March 24, 2006

another BFE!

This time, it's from Brandeis, and it comes with the sweet smell of money (actually, it smells like Play-Doh for some reason, but who knows what USD smells like anyway? Been ages since I saw an American bill =)

It's decent university, not in the league of one whose thin rejection letter I also received today (boo, and take a wild guess which uni) but still pretty good. If rankings are anything to go by, it's ranked 34 by the US News and World report, slightly below USC (30). But there's money! Approximately half the fees: $24,000 and a bit. Mostly scholarship, part loan, part me working. The bigger picture is, now I've got somewhere to go. I'm definitely still hoping for more BFE's but for now the problem of hanging around one more year has thankfully evaporated.

On another note, I've yet to study much, instead I'm watching Battlestar Galactica. I missed guitar today too, on account of that dumb show. Bah. And I'll be going to frisbee tomorrow, which means Saturday is taken up. In a good way, though =).

So, two acceptances, one rejection (though I'd have rather have gotten MIT still, who wouldn't?). Here's to more BFEs! =)

BFE: Big Fat Envelope, by the way.

  Comments:
congrats! brandeis is cool. i wanted to apply there but they were pretty tight about financial aid..
 
thanks! i think the fact that my uncle did his phd there helped a bit =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?