Innumerable lines of code spread to the sky. The light of the sun is blotted out by their sheer multitude. I stand in their shadow, climbing harness secured and brain bucket tight in case of falling
chunks. Nasty, those. Normally knocked off by ravenous, goat-sized iexplorer insects, a direct hit could set me back a few hours. I check my belay, then look up. It is going to be a long, treacherous climb.
....
I've spent the entire afternoon working on Wordpress code, to skin a blog for Inkyhands. Had to understand some php code along the way, and I think that worked out well. Only problem was the annoying way Internet Explorer interprets some of it. All browsers have quirks, but IE is especially buggy. Tch.
On another note, my water died sometime yesterday, during a noisy day of pipe fixing outside the house. After the workers were done and gone, the water still didn't come back. My mom, suitably annoyed, called whoever's responsible for these things. And lo! a team arrived within 15 minutes. Some prodding and ratcheting and they discovered the water meter was screwed in backwards. How it got thataway is beyond me... unless, it strikes me now, the workers unscrewed my water meter for some free h2o. Cunning of them, but irritating that they put it back in the wrong way.
Oh well. At least they responded promptly. Props to Syabas, the water company (I think).
Last note: frisbee today was so fun! =) The camaraderie was not the least of the reasons too; in fact it's one of the most important. Yes, I really enjoyed myself thoroughly.