unlimited

Friday, December 30, 2005

rose in winter

I went to a reunion of my standard 6 class today. It was really enjoyable, which makes it rare and special. Well, the fact that this is the first time I've ever been back also makes it rare and special. Oh well.

The people! Amy, Li Vern, Jia Min, Wei Song, to name a few... They make me wish I had returned for the past few reunions =), but I daresay it would've been different. Because I'm different, now, than I was say a couple of years ago.

It was at Holiday Villa, though I heard Sheraton. Thank goodness some of them came looking for the lost. The food was decent, the atmosphere a bit smoky, but otherwise okay. Anyway, it was about catching up, chatting, having fun, so who really cares about the food? I took lots of photos too =).

The feeling was so different from when I'm with other friends... not exactly better, but comfortable. Familiar, in a way. The quote, "Friends are lights in winter; the older the friend, the brighter the light," springs to mind, though its slightly inappropriate since I've not kept in touch with them for soo long.

Or maybe everything just seems so bleak now that this is brilliant and colorful by comparison. But I like to think not.

And I finally sent off more apps... but Cornell is giving me a pain. And I've dropped Harvard (bleh), Williams (too late), U Penn (filled in the teacher rec wrongly ) and Wesleyan (lost one form, forgot to get the copy back from my teacher too).

I'll post more some other time.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?