It's the year end holidays at last =). Though there shall be no rest for the university bound... Essays and stuff. Well, mostly essays. I've done a grand total of 2 so far, not encouraging at all. By this weekend I've got to finish the Stanford essay. What must be done, will be done, binging on Futurama notwithstanding.
In other news, I watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe today. Quite a good show, IMO. Better than Harry Potter, which seems more action oriented. Or maybe it's just the inherent Christian symbolism of TLTWATW. I might not call myself one anymore, but I do still appreciate the whole resurrection thing.
Speaking of which, it's Christmas season again! I remember the days of Decembers past, when I'd carol with the CFers from my school and La Salle and Assunta. Some of those people are actually in Taylor's now, too. It was really great, and I'm rather partial to the Christmas songs like Hark the Herald Angels Sing and O Come All Ye Faithful. They have a haunting sort of majesty to them, a remembrance of God.
More unpleasantly, I don't think I'll ever join my class (and their friends) for movies much again. Well, not the bunch I usually go with. Noisy buggers. Comments go after the movie, not before. I know I should be forgiving and all, but I'll not let this pass without comment. Talking while a movie is going on is just plain rude. "Your right to swing your hand ends at my nose," so to speak. Even worse are those who use their cellphones while watching. Worst are those who just keep using it. I was less annoyed with the toddler (I'd say most likely 3) who crawled to the front of the cinema hall, below the screen. It detracts from the experience, but he/she (too dark) did not know what it was he/she did. That is more forgivable than 18 years old making dumb comments like "Hey, the faun is like that little girl's boyfriend."
*sigh* I don't expect too much from people, but I'd like a little courtesy. I also wish I was in a better position to ask for all this, but I'm a typical wretched sinner. So I'll just do what I can: watch movies with different people. I've never been a movie buff, and watching movies with friends is kinda pointless, because there isn't (shouldn't be) any interaction during the show.
/endgripe.
Just now, before bathing, I saw a lizard on the ceiling, a moderately large one. I remembered that a friend is very afraid of them, because she thinks they'll fall off the roof onto her. Smiling inwardly at the thought, I said boo to the lizard, trying to get it to scurry out the window.
It fell on me. Startling, it was. Wholly unexpected and completely ironic. Don't worry, I'm not going to develop a phobia =).
Time to enjoy the beginning of my holidays now. Though one thing I don't like about it, is that I won't be seeing some people for a month... Not many people will be so missed, definitely not those I watched the movie with, but some people. Oh well. I daresay the essays will keep me plenty occupied.