Dota!!... Ack. I watched/played it for the first time. My brother installed it, and since it wasn't really working and he's going off to some camp soon, I let him play it tonight. Then he had to leave, and well...
It's really kinda mindless. Then again, most entertainment is mindless, so I suppose that isn't a bad point. But it's not my kind of mindless entertainment, nor the kind I want to get involved in. It's just not for me.
I stop short of calling it evil, hehe. Interestingly, I used to call ICQ evil. For the fun of it. Maybe it was because I was never quite sure how to use it, never quite sure of what it was and everything, and afraid to try it out to boot. I mean, on dial up you've got to be careful with your time on the Net anyway. And I needed to work on my sociability =).
Obviously, the whole "evil" thing was ridiculous. I didn't really believe it. It was, yannow, one of those you just say for the heck of it, and then it grows on you, that manner of speaking. Saves the trouble of telling the truth, these webs of lies we unwittingly weave into chains.
I'm more well-adjusted now, hopefully. I try to open my mind and not condemn things outright. I try weird food (which means most things apart from [recognisable] beef, pork, mutton and chicken [parts]; fried fish; rice; and the most common vegetables) from time to time, though so far nothing has really caught on. At least I try =). You grow up, and you realise there's a whole world out there, and there's so much you'll never see anyway, so you may as well give more things a chance. Beside, if a lot of otherwise well-adjusted people do something, maybe there's something in it.
DotA had it's chance =). I daresay I may watch my brother from time to time, out of boredom, but I won't play it. Playing at home by one's self is a little sad, and I'm not keen on spending $$ on playing it outside. I have enough money woes, unfortunately.
I just let my principles guide me and my heart help me find my way.
If only I could beat procrastination while I'm at it.