Ahahah(...)haha! I just got my SAT Subject Test scores, and it's an excellent panacea for what ails me. I've been stressed out over Thinking Skills (hardly any study), got grumpy over the know-it-all my-way-or-the-highway-ness of the school admin doing my Secondary School Reference, and one other thing that'd be too complicated to explain here.
BUt, then I came home and for the 5th time checked collegeboard.com for the SAT Subject Test results. Previously there was this red box saying check back on October 24th, but as far as I was concerned, it had been October 24th since October 23rd, GMT 4pm. This time, it read "Scores are out!" And I clicked and I signed in and I waited and loading seemed to take forever... ...
The scores flickered up on the screen. I stared for a second and whooped. A
perfect 800 for
both Physics and Math Level 2, and a 770 for Chemistry. *cackle* I have no illusions about it guaranteeing me an entry into Princeton, because outside of academic prowness I don't think I've much going from not, at least nothing that stands out and shouts "Look at me!"
Though neither are the great scores a good pillow, it is one thing less to worry about. And again, it's gratifying to know that working hard, pays off. Though it's studying isn't actually that hard, it's just setting your mind to it. I'm rather work adverse, when it comes to stuff like actually getting a job.
Briefly, I've finally beginning to see the light of day again. The references are trickling in, I've gotten Teacher Reference 2 from two teachers (doh!... will need to choose one), Teacher Reference 1 is coming in on Wed (really, because I can't be bothered to go to school tomorrow, and Wednesday, there's actually a party at a classmates house), Peer Reference is in... I've got to settle my essays, which I'm still dissatisfied about.
Yes, I do think I see the light. Though, it's actually an oncoming train. It's both. Comfort-agony duality aspect of lights in darkness. You'll feel happy for a moment before your eyeballs are seared out of your head. Anyway =).