unlimited

Friday, October 14, 2005

one test down

Down, as in, six feet under. D4mn, but I do hate Chem practicals... I mean, how was I supposed to know I was supposed to multiply 1000, not divide? My answer was off by several orders of magnitude. It was tragic.

On a lighter note, my mom bought my the book Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Remarks? WOW! It's a great book, I like the author's style. A bit tongue-in-cheek, among other things. Highly recommended.

I also finished one of my application essays today. It took blood, toil, and tears, but I managed to get it done. Only two more to go... Like, I've just climbed Mount Everest. Now, where's K2? I'm bored already.

But it's a good thing, don't get me wrong. Until my mom start to pick at it. "God, what an awful font," and all that. Okay, so maybe she didn't say that, but she did start making negative comments. I wonder why I bothered showing it, after my experience with showing her my writing. I don't need someone to tell me my writing is horrible. But it's my horrible writing, and let's keep it that way. Not keep it horrible, keep it mine. Um. That sort of thing.

Interestingly enough, I read somewhere that for graphic designers on a project, it's best to leave some subtle-but-obvious mistake, like a part that's not aligned right. It's to satisfy the innate urge to nitpick that will doubtlessly assail whoever's in charge of reviewing the graphic. Likewise, maybe I should throw in a few typos here, put in some extra punctuation marks there. Who knows. It might work.

Asides, the week has been boring. I'd tell you what else I've been doing except that that sort of thing could get me sued. Only one word: Bit. Torrent. Well, technically it's one word. The period just happened. Laws of effect, perfectly natural.

And tomorrow, there will be frisbee and skin cancer. Maybe frisbee. Depends on your definition of it (the looser the better). Definitely skin cancer.

Yay!

ps. and I blame the Attempted First Degree Hilarity of this post on the book I'm reading. It overflows with humour and I'm afraid some of the icky stuff spilled here.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?