Watching friends fall in love and drift out of your life is like waiting for your lift home with your friends, and being helpless as you watch them leave one by one. It was good talking to them, and you're glad for them. But inside, it feels like a little bit of you is being torn away each time. The seconds drag on longer and longer. The tapestry of life fades, its colours less vibrant. You know that one day your ride too will come, and things will pick up again, but for now...
Hmm. Read into that what you will. It's sort of an analogy, that popped into my mind as I was walking home from the bus stop today. It's not perfect, but I'm not about to nitpick it as I tend to do. It's just something that drifted into my head... You can know someone for a few years, but then something happens and you don't seem to know them any more.