unlimited

Friday, September 02, 2005

still here

I suppose an update is long overdue =), after that last rash of daily updates. I've not been very active online in a while, because my modem died again. I'm writing this in the library, incidentally. The interminable seconds tick by at a rate of 60 second per minute, as I wait for the stupid editorial board meeting to begin. We're supposed to meet the publisher, though I don't understand why everyone has to go. It killed any hope of joining the rest of my class in unwinding.

The frisbee meeting didn't help, either. For one thing, now everyone's been slotted into committee positions, which destroys the carefree-ness I've come to associate with frisbee. You know, it used to just be something fun to do on a Saturday morning instead of vegging out in front of the tube. But the machinery has gotten churning, and the whole team is going down to Singapore in a couple of weeks for a tournament. I'm not particularly looking forward to it... I hope it'll turn out okay, but I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole thing. On one hand, it seems like a bit of a waste of time (not to mention a waste of money. S$ 80 to join?? But I'm not even going for the preparty, the party, or the after party), because apparently the other thing about frisbee tournaments apart from the game itself is the remarkable presence of booze. On the other hand, there is the potential for the trip to turn out really enjoyable, vis a vis time spent with friends.

Well, at any rate the exams are over, and that's reason to be glad. I hope I stop waking up at night thinking about impossibly hard questions =b. It's happened once or twice, I kid you not. Maybe I've been sleeping too much, or something.

Panic aside, I think I should do okay. Good omen: I've heard from Jor How (who got it from the horse's mouth) that I scored highest for the Econs objective part. Small victory (or not, if you consider the fact that last term I aced that part =) ).

I'm rather sure I've got more to write, I just can't remember it at the moment. Plus, I've got the idiotic meeting to run off to in a mo. No worries, though. I'll have plenty of time to update in the hols to come. Ehehe. Hols.

ps. Google has launched an IM client, fascinating. Google Talk. Google it =). Looks interesting... and looks like Google is taking another step towards world domination.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?