unlimited

Monday, September 05, 2005

blah, blah, blah

By way of explanation for the last post: First, I haven't written in verse for a really really long time, and it's kinda fun to write, because you've got to consider every word. They have to be chosen well so they fit in... Not that I'm saying I'm any good.

The other reason is that I'm feeling some stuff, which I can't write out without making it sound horribly whiny and like a personal diatribe against the world. I have problems yes, but so does everyone else, so it does not behoove me to act as though I was the only one.

Incidentally, this might be helpful for a few words in that last paragraph =b

Anyhow, just the facts, of the past weeks I haven't been updated. Let's see, where to begin? The first meeting for the editorial board was held some time back, and though I nominated myself for chief editor (oh, the shamelessness of it all =) ), I didn't get elected. The second meeting concluded last Friday, we met the publisher. I remember posting about that... It went rather better than I had implied it would go. For one thing, I felt I was in my element. Because of Ed Board I was familiar with most of what the guy said, and that was good. Except that (horror!) we should not be surprised to get one or two 'conventional' designs, i.e. class profiles (pages) done with cardboard and glue and not photoshop. I guess some places are still rather 'ulu'.

On Saturday there was the frisbee tournament, from 7.30am to 1pm or so, roughly. I feel absolutely baked. I still have mixed feelings about it, and the tourney to come. We lost the first game against a Singpore team, 5-15. We wrested that 5 points in the second half, after a suffocating 0-8 halftime score. The game against Inti was very close, we kept equalising every few points. The game against the old hands, I think we lost, but I don't know the score. And I have learnt... that you must be fast, and your team must be fast, and be, well, a team.

And I think that there's some crack in the sunblock, because it has left this strangely pleasant smell on my shirt (which was soaked with the stuff, I don't doubt, because I smeared the stuff on thrice).

I feel hardly human... a marginal sociopath (might need that link again =) ). I sometimes find it hard to emote, hard to connect to people. There is darkness within, something inhuman and evil, which I find hard to deal with. Or maybe I'm just too ambitious and selfish and unkind...

And with that last cryptic paragraph,

Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été - Albert Camus

Or, In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. (Does this make me look like I understand French? =b )

I will find my summer. I will be joyous.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?