http://www.marginalia.org/dfw_kenyon_commencement.htmlThis is a commencement speech given by some guy at some college (don't know either). I think it's really good! My response is: exactly. I agree whole-heartedly with what the guy says. Read it! It's a bit on the long side, but you could probably print it. Having done reading it, then you could frame it on your wall =). Okay, maybe it isn't THAT great, but it still is an interesting speech. It's true how we always think of the world as revolving around our little heads, because our whole experience is centered on ourselves. Really, there are so many ways of looking at the world. It's also true that it's hard to 'see' all the time. Sometimes we're lazy, some times we're just not in the mood. But we must try.
I also agree that when you worship intelligence, you worry that others are smarter than you and worry that you'll be discovered as a fraud=b. Time to reevaluate myself.
Read the article! May it change your life for the better =).