The first week has passed by rather... mind-numbingly. I blame this game I bought, Neverwinter Nights. I'm finally getting a taste of DnD, sort of. The amount I play frightens me, really... I'd say I spent about 8 hours playing it... yesterday. Not to mention the rest of the week. Reality is blurring... bleah.
But it's not like I've been entirely rotting away at home. Because mainly, on Monday Streamyx up and died on me (though the site has been relatively quiet all the while, so nothing missed). Bills hadn't been paid for 3 months, style of thing. Can't remember what else I did on Monday, strangely enough. I do recall I tried planning for some SCA orphanage project, but didn't get too far.
Tuesday was rather eventful, in a boring sort of way. I went to Taylor's, ya see. Wanted to return my library books (no Net = no renew), wanted to see whether the library job was any good. Apparently not, since they want one to go for an hour Monday to Friday, and to commit for at least a month, preferably longer. No can do. Kinda depressing how this lead petered out... Doubt I'll be able to rouse myself up enough to go to 1U and hunt for a suitable part time job. I mean, I don't really have much time to spend, now do I? Weekends, mostly... Anyway, I then proceeded to wander around, (a) taking photos and (b) hunting for people to talk to/have lunch with. Found a girl I knew from my SCF (School's Christian Fellowship, an interschool thingy joining all the CFs) days, so I had lunch with her and some of her classmates, who were all there to do a project. And... I forgot to pay >_<. Stupid of me, I know. After eating, it was something like 11.30am, so I decided to rush to try and catch the LRT bus to Kelana Jaya, because if I got to KJ by 12pm I'd have a free ride to 1U. So I excused myself and left >_<. Usually, when I eat at Asia Cafe, I pay when the food comes, and I don't have this problem. Force of habit. Incidentally, I missed the 12pm bus, and had to wait for the 1 'o clock bus. At 1U I bought Neverwinter Nights and proceeded to trek back home in the hot sun. Urgh.
Wednesday, was spent mainly with PK, Harold, Phoebe, and Shea Kang. Left the house at 12pm, prior to that I was playing Neverwinter Nights (I think I'm obsessed). At 1U we at at Yoshinoya (sounds like that green dino thing from Mario...), before watching Mr and Mrs Smith. Not bad, I suppose. I would rate it marginally higher than Madagascar, which for some reason I didn't like much (Those eyes! Those horribly rendered eyes!). Then we went bowling, and ahaha... I'm not too bad at it =) For someone who's never lifted a bowling ball before, I still managed to come out ahead. Ehehe. Then again, Phoebe, who would've gotten a zero for style =), didn't do too bad either. I guess we all suck, but I suck the least. I left at 5pm, because Chi Yao wanted me to help out with his classpage for the SAM yearbook. 3 of his friends came over as well. I think the page came out okay, possibly better than the 5S1 page =o. Though there have been... developments, over this photo of a person that I edited first because they asked me to, then after that I showed off a bit and made a few more changes. Learnt today that the person was Not Happy about it (vanity and somesuch most likely causes), and Chi Yao was made Extremely Upset.
Thursday, was not a good day. I woke early feeling sleepy because the night before, after finally finishing the page, I decided to play some Neverwinter Nights. Addiction!! Anyway, my mom took me to the IC place to make my MyKad, and to pick her one up (a year late too). I forgot to bring my old IC >_<. Accident, I swear! I walked up the stairs to get it, and by the time I got there I forgot what I had gone up for, too sleepy I suppose. So my mom got mad and me and I got frustrated and it sort of blew up and I didn't even want to go to the place and there was all the 'If you're going to be this irresponsible then there's no sense in sending you to a good uni you can jolly well do twinning' and stuff. It happens a lot, nowadays >_<. *sigh* I'm a hard person to deal with, I suppose. I get it from my mom. Anyway, as luck would have it an old neighbour was also there, so my mom took a number for me and made me go back to get my IC and come back later (the peeps told her my number would come around only about 12pm, 1pm-ish. And this was before 8 in the morning too). So... I went home, played an hour of Neverwinter Nights, then left at 11.15am or so to catch a cab to the place. Didn't take too long, was on my way home within an hour I think. Played more Neverwinter.
Friday, like I said, was spent on 8 hours of NwN. Berserk amount, but it's an escape... though that's hardly an excuse. Anyway, helped Chi Yao change the classpage to colour (he came over) and replace the photos with higher quality ones.
Today... frisbee practice, I didn't play so bad this week =). Though it was still insanely hot, at least I manage to cower in the shade a bit this time around. Lots of people again, but no Li Hsien or Hanyi. Sports (team ones in particular) are still largely guys' world. Also today, the mandatory NwN. *sigh* Though with the Net back there's a little less of that.
This week of hols has been okay, if a bit mind blowing and tiring (frisbee today, at any rate). With luck, next week will turn out more productive. Cheers!