mmph. Been meaning to post, but I don't seem to be able to rouse myself to it... The past few days, besides zoning out on NwN, I've been contemplating Life, the Universe, and Everything.
So much has been happening, yannow. People have been getting JPA, (and leaving Taylor's for that reason), I heard news of my class trip to Port Dickson, there was a sort of class gathering yesterday at some rich ex-classmates mansion (from the descriptions, it sounds very palatial).
And I've been thinking about my life, and where I fit in. My class seems a little on the rowdy side. My impression of the Port Dickson trip is, they got stoned. My impression of the gathering last night, is they got stoned. Ahem. Even Jor How seems to fancy this sort of thing, his poison of choice being Whiskey+Coke. People are changing, it seems. I don't know how many of my readers share the same thoughts, but really, the world as we knew it is fading away. Young adulthood is upon us, and suddenly we are faced with an avalanche of avenues. Knowingly, unknowingly; willingly, or unwillingy, we must choose.
Me... I think I hardly change, from year to year. I change in ways I desire to change. Hmm... maybe others don't change, maybe they're just coming out of the closet and being themselves. Me... I might not have the faith I used to have, but I think my faith was an expression of my character, and not the other way around. It was a way to flesh out my hitherto nebulous priciples and convictions, and having done that, possibly became superfluous (though I hardly consider this the reason I fell from faith). Thus my principles are still largely as they are... Difference is I don't condemn or criticize others. It's just a different way of life. If I am to walk alone, then so be it. I find hardly a kindred soul...
I wonder how life will turn out for me. Will I get into a good (even, great) uni? Will I find a place that I truly belong? Will I be rich =b?
Though of course, wealth is not everything. To hear some speak, it seems like such a great deal, this money thing. Taking loans to buy stuff, satisfying material desires... It's not for me.
We were meant to live for so much more, in the words of that Switchfoot song. People talk of the idealism of youth, but I've not seen much of it. Money is... good. But I abhor the thought of it becoming the be all and end all of one's life. What I seek are true friends... Not just people whom I am comfortable with, but those whom I am able to give the utmost respect and admiration to. I suppose I long for too much...
Oh well. Until fortune favours me to meet such a one (possibly never), I will be grateful for all the friends that I do have =). They aren't bad, really. Just... different.
Before I forget... results for the first semester exam are out, and I'm rather pleased that I did well. I am
vindicated.