unlimited

Friday, June 10, 2005

Hols! At last!

The week of exams has, more or less, just flown by =). Gone are days of the month long exams (think SPM). Holidays are here again =D. Was supposed to go down to Singapore this weekend, but my mom aborted plans since no one was very keen. I feel kinda guilty, since it was my idea to begin with, a while back when I was feeling rather bored@home. But there's frisbee, and I've already missed a week of it, though I don't suppose that's a very good reason.

The exams have been fine, I think I should do fine. It's somewhat gratifying to know that if I set my mind to something it (usually) turns out fine. Take the Euclid test, a while back. I just received the results for it. 69 out of 100. Tied for 29th place in Taylors with 5 or 6 other people. I can't seem to construe this as a good thing... but it isn't too bad. Even if Li Hsien did score higher than me by 2 points. She's a bright one, for all that "No-lah, did very bad-lah," stuff. Shy only.

So now the holidays are spreaded out before me, and I wonder what I shall do with all that time. I want to get a job but I can't form a mental picture of me working >_<. I can't think of a verb for "getting hired", too. Very bad, because everything just remains vague. Verbs can be rather concrete sometimes. No messing around. All the same, apparently the college library is looking for part time help to shelve books, at a reasonable rm4 an hour. Sounds promising. Maybe I'll pop by the library once every few days... Who knows? Working in libraries seems to run in the family though... mom did, in her school days, and my brother's (not the small one) a librarian at CHS . Bah. No novelty, but think of the money... think of how it'll add to the CV... *thinks* But it's supposed to be a holiday >_<.

I shall now stop boring everyone to death with my inner battle against work. Here's to a good holiday!

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?