unlimited

Sunday, May 01, 2005

post holiday stupor

Feels so long since I last posted, doesn't it? For me, at least... It's been a long first week of college, to be sure. So much has happened. Let's see, I suppose the biggest to happen was losing my phone. I'm rather sure it dropped out of my pocket at school somewhere. There's been no sign of it at the CAL office, nor at the Chem lab (where I suspected it might be), nor on the bus (who knows?).

Ugh. I'm not too wound up about it - I mean, I have been surviving rather well without it - but I am kinda annoyed that I could actually lose it. Honestly speaking, though, I think I've come close to losing my Palm too. And on more than one occasion, my sanity =). *sigh* I don't think I'll be getting a new phone, it was a whole set of unique circumstances colliding together (uncle passed away (morbid but true), moving, phone not working...) that enabled me to get one in the first place.

On the other hand, my birthday is tomorrow, so... hint hint hint =). Haha, it'd be extremely nice, but I don't expect it. My b'days have typically been low-key events. Never been much of a party animal. Likewise, don't expect much from me come your birthday =).

Right now, I've got my SAT to worry about. I'm not too worried about the Verbal/Math sections (though I will need to study for them, because of the new format and what not). The Writing section... now that strikes fear into my heart. 25 minutes to write a well planned, well thought out essay supporting your point of view on the given statement (which is often slightly philosophical). I am sooo gonna do badly =b. My main problem is not having anything to write about. It's rather hard for me to illustrate my stand with examples because I'm not exactly a history buff (and our Sejarah is mostly useless bunk), nor am I particularly well read (I'm bad at remembering stuff I read... which explains a lot about my results, but I digress).

Hmm... anyway, in other news... had a Math test yesterday. Ehehe, I think I'm going to do well =). Success always does the heart good. Like doing well in a class maths test. And knowing I probably did the best I could on the Physics test on Tuesday. It's gratifying, you know, to see that you have not laboured in vain. This brings to mind a Greek myth, that of Sisyphus. He was punished by the gods and sentenced to roll a boulder up a hill; but every time it neared the top, it would roll back down. That sort of futility would be hell.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?