unlimited

Saturday, April 16, 2005

quickie

Quick update: I just finished watching Lost in Translation, and I think it's a pretty good show. It's about these two people, one an actor and the other the wife of a photographer, who happen to be in Japan. They happen to stay at the same hotel, and naturally connect with each other, because they each recognise that common thread of loneliness in the other. The actor is having a sort of mid-life crisis, his wife doesn't seem to need him anymore, his kids are getting used to him to being around; the girl appears to be mostly ignored by her husband of two years, especially as he's always busy and stuff.

I liked the show because it seems to say, whoever you are, wherever you are, you're not alone in what you are feeling. There is someone who understands, someone who cares, someone in the same situation. It's not about figuring out a solution, but about having someone who understands.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?