I have decided to call the Society of Creative Arts... (drumroll, please)... The Chelonian! Why? Well, there are certainly reasons for NOT calling it the Society of Creative Arts. That was just a boring formal typical name I chose for the sake of avoiding the necessary mental effort of conjuring up a decent name. And now we can use green as an official colour =D.
After much thinking (well, actually searching through obscure C words. Yes, it's 'thinking'. Don't give me that look) I decided that The Chelonian would make a good name. Only God knows why I bother, because to me the club is dead. Come on, during the second unoffical meeting (on Monday, eating away into my holidays no less), there was a 4:1 Chinese to English speaking people ratio. I was definitely in a minority of one. And being ignored. *dramatic sigh* They don't know what sparks of genius they're missing, I'm telling ya =).
Anyway, Keat Wei willing, I will christen the club 'The Chelonians'. Come on, calling ourselves 'SCA-ites' is definitely a bad branding decision. Now we can call ourselves the Turtles. Or the Tortoise. Or the Terrapins. Or the Shelled Amphibians. You get the idea. Besides 'SCA' sounds like a permanent bodily disfigurement, and 'Society of the Creative Arts' is 10 syallables, if I count correct. Looks impressive, maybe, but can you imagine societyofthecreativesarts@gmail.com? Or societyofthecreativearts.blogspot.com? Not that there are plans for putting the club online, but we must be prepared for every eventuality. Including world domination (though in this case cutting it to 'The Society' would have a hopefully dark and mysterious ring to it).
By the way, in case you haven't noticed, 'Chelonian' is something like 'feline', except it refers to turtles (or tortoises, or something like that. So sue me.) Time to design another logo, methinks. Though I've absolutely no idea how to go about it. On the other hand, I've a splendid idea (that I stole from Terry Pratchett) for a secret society gesture: make a fist with your left hand and place the right on top of it. Wiggle your right hand's fingers. Voila, tortoise! How cool is that?!!
Sadly I don't think that will catch on though. What an awful shame it is too. A great unhappifying doubleplusungood thing don't you think? At least we can comfort ourselves with our stunning turtle motif shirts (pre-order yours today!). Turtles (and tortoises and terrapins etc) symbolise steadfastness, patience, erm... good-to-eat-ness? Well, no one bothers about symbolism anyway. It's for the books. What matters is... it looks good on a shirt. Definitely the most important thing. Branding, marketing, what-have-you. Would Nike have gotten anywhere if they didn't plaster the swoosh on everything? The logo will practically sell itself I tell ya. Just wait for it. Like a tortoise. It will come. It will be great. It will be green. It will rock your world. Or at least nudge it slightly (tortoises are not know for speed).
Anyway, enough nonsense for now. Sift through and see if you can figure out where I was actually being somewhat serious.
ps. So I said "if any of you readers are expecting cheerful humorous posts, I would advise you to go elsewhere for now. For the next 5 years. Better yet, 10." So I lied. So sue me. Point is sometimes we have to laugh or we'll cry. Yesterday, things got bad at home. Very bad. But I'm going to sweep that into the closet with my other skeletons and keep it quiet. I wonder if the sum to infinity (i.e. if this sweeping and suppression goes on indefinitely) of this is psychosis? Hm.