unlimited

Friday, March 04, 2005

the mean

One thing I've noticed about being in college is that people tend to swear a lot. At least, the guys. Expletives are used freely and easily, and sometimes it makes me want to barf. Using expletives seems like a sort of mental laziness. It's like 'nice', because nice has no real objective meaning. It is subjective, depends on the person. And hence it carries little weight, because we cannot really know what the other persons concept of it is. English is so rich in adjectives, there's no real reason to have to resort to profanities.

Not that society seems to be much bothered anymore. The society that consists of the youth, at least. It has transcended taboo and become pretty much the norm. *sigh* It hasn't really caught on on me, for some reason or another.

It's probably because I'm boring. I have hardly any vices, but likewise hardly any virtues. My lack of vices may be my only virtue, and vice versa. I don't get messed up in anything addictive or get too obssessed with stuff (apart from books, once in a while). I don't work hard at homework and studies. I don't do anything I wouldn't like my parents to know (well, mostly). I don't win medals and prizes (well, not often) and praises all round. I'm pretty much disconnected from the MTV influence of this generation. I don't exercise enough (or 'at all', if you prefer).

The sum of my life is... zero. Bring on the party hats.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?