unlimited

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Incidentally...

I know it's a second post for today, but... been visiting some blogs, and really, some people don't know how good they've got it... consider:
Title:HAH? cannot get full scholarship?????
Juz found out that GCE-"O" Levels English, or more commonly known as 1119, is not counted as an A1. HAIH.......tort could get full scholarship, probably hav to settle only for RM7000 only. HHMPH.....Y yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????????????? Aiyoyooyoyoy....bAH!!! *depression* BAH! BAH!

Lydia Ee-ster minjoot a.k.a. Lee Dee Yah, HOW? aiyoyooy....now parents gotta pay half my fees....bah! Hope get some scholarship from some other place that allows me to continue SAM but still offer me a full scholarship. HHMPH....BAH-ness....this world is unfair...ahahah....the fella hoo mark me BM paper is mean mean MEAN!!!! Gimme A2 pulak....BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
And an excerpt from another blog:
Shit. I was friggin mad. For the whole day..the truth slowly sank in. I cudnt pay attn to the lessons. i was very mad. And disappointed. It was like. For the past 2 yrs, i worked realy darmn hard, and well, the results were good at d end, but it din qualify for anything. It wasnt recognized.
What is wrong with these people (and I don't mean the spelling and stuff =b )? I will not hold my peace.

"the fella hoo mark me BM paper is mean mean MEAN!!!! Gimme A2 pulak" I don't know, should he have given a B3? or B4? or any other grade between there are G9? Why condemn someone for doing his job? And "settle for RM7000"? Consider hypothetical student A, who has just as much brains but not the luxury of having parents wealthy enough to afford tuitions, revision books, &c. Roughly equal intellgence: but lower grades. More deserving of a scholarship? Almost certainly. But I concur that fate can be rough. So at least, have the decency to at least not whine about getting rm7000. It's certainly no shame, and it could probably be put to better use anyway.

What about "It wasnt recognized." So, you measure your own worth against the considerations of others? Then surely life will be a never-ending chase to meet up against the standards others have imposed. It is a hard lesson, but we must learn that the only true measure of oneself is the measure of what one is against what one was. As a Hindu proverb puts it, "There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self."

I suppose I could go on and on, but I'll stop here. Again, think about it.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?