unlimited

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Days long past...

Haha, the party yesterday went as well as I could hope for =), even if there was a lot of leftover food. No biggie, though.

That wasn't the only notable thing about yesterday, though. An old classmate, from my Std 6 days, sent me an email. I did bump into her last year (that's how we got back in touch), and did correspond briefly, but the SPM got in the way. She was a mutual friend of CS and I, and we were once her "very very good friends", apparently. I guess being a guy I don't recall so much of these , but yeah... I do occasionaly look back with some nostalgia.

Later, during the party, there were some board games lying around, and by chance someone opened the Monopoly set to take a look. Suddenly an old memory surfaced... a memory of so very long ago, those Std 6 days, in fact.

I remember how CS and I used to be close friends, and we'd play boardgames at his place often (when we weren't busy slugging it out on his com, that is =b ). This is one of those memories that last a lifetime, not one I chose but one that happened to stick in the mudpool of my memory. I remember the friendship... Hm.

I think that was one of the more pleasant times in my life (either that or I have a bad memory, which is equally possible =b ). I don't know what really happened, just know that in time we went our own seperate ways (though throughout most of secondary school we did still go to school the same way).

I don't eagerly wish to recreate the past, but one thing I feel I have yet to learn, in order to make myself more personable, is to be less shy in front of people... Well, maybe shy isn't appropriate. 'Quiet'. 'Reticient'. Sort of thing, anyway, which describes the unwillingness to speak up and speak out.

At least I know that problem, and at least I am working on it... I daresay I fare a lot better in social situations now than I did, say, in Form 3. We grow, we change, and hopefully we get better.

Here's a parting thought by someone: "The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live." I don't want to leave any more doors closed because I was too timid to speak out, because I was afraid of what I might find on the other said. So help me God. This won't happen in a day, or a week, or even a month, but who knows what I might achieve in 2, 3 years? Time to cut the locks of my mind and fling open the doors I always wanted to see the other side of. Time to live.

-->

Shoutbox



previously

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?