Christmas Eve! I just spent the last hour setting up the Christmas tree... Really last minute, but oh well. Chalk it down to moving woes. I never would've believed that I had so many books... Maybe I should have a garage sale someday to get rid of the junk :b.
Anyhow, I may not be from a Christian family, but the Christmas tree has been a tradition since... well, at least, since I stayed in US ('92/'93) more than a decade ago. I have some custom made ornaments, really sentimental stuff =). The private school I went to there had this kiln, where they could bake and glaze pottery, so I've got this star with my face in it, haha. It's on the top of the tree because the thing that's supposed to be there is broken (long broken actually) and doesn't fit properly. Speaking of nostalgia, Even the old newspapers used to wrap the ornaments are really old and dated.
Well, the tree actually looks decent, and it's nice to see it back up. It wasn't around last year... I was going through a pretty rough time then, transition sort of thing, so I didn't bother to put it up. Symbolic, too, I remember thinking. The Christmas tree is symbolic of something (you figure out yourself), and by not having it... something else is said between the lines. Well, you've got to know the lines are there, but anyway, that's how I saw it :b
Today was a rather productive day, by all accounts. I restrung and tuned (at a shop... I don't have the skill :b ) my mom's old classical guitar (which I hope I'll learn to play someday soon). I unscrewed my bike tyre and took it to the shop to get a new inner tube. And the big one (are you ready?): Streamyx in a week! Yes! My dad finally signed up for certain, everything in order and all. The guy said 5 days (business days) at worst, so it should be around Thursday, assuming next Friday is a holiday. Not much to it, anyhow. They've just got to send over the (free) modem and do their stuff at Telekom and whee!! High speed, 1.0mbps broadband!! Can. You. Feel. The. Need For speed!! Bwahaha!
*cough* A bit carried away there. *cough* It's just that it's been so long since Streamyx first came about... It's one long struggle come to an end.
To wrap up, as a little (fictional) boy once said, if I remember right, Merry Christmas, one and all!