Let's see, my options for the future... AFS (exchange student programme) has more or less sunk. First it was to somewhere in New York state, but when I learnt that there was a 2 year no return policy (exemption not guaranteed), I ditched it. They did give me an undefined place in Aus, but... aiyah.
Then there was (well, is) ASEAN. Of my options, this is one of those that I least favour, because of the Singapore = pressure cooker equation. But free education isn't to be scoffed at.
There's always the trusty old colleges around here, like Sunway and Taylors, but they seem like worst case scenarios.
And... Uplands. The International School of Penang. It offers an IB (internation baccalaureate) program, which is mildly more interesting than the A-levels (which seems like the status quo for a lot of SPM-leavers. Of course, the boarding fees are astronomical... The only reason I'm applying is because there's a scholarship. If I do get it, it will mean I'll be roughing it, more or less, in Penang. Brr. The sudden cold sting of independence.
It'll mean going to the dobi shop to wash my clothes (I'm pretty sure my parents won't get me a washing machine), going to hawker shops to eat (ack, every day??), and desperately hoping to get a laptop (NO INTERNET??? Ack!!!).
Yes, the cold sting of living alone. ... But I guess it's inevitable.
On a lighter note, Moral is over! Bwahaha! And easier than expected, too.